We offer one to one and group sessions to share with people; ways to live more sustainably. Our workshops are available for community organisations and events at no costs.
We offer the following workshops:
- Introductory DIY Solar panel workshop
- Advanced DIY Solar panel workshop
- Caring for the environment workshop
Introductory DIY solar panel workshop
Duration: 1.5 hours
Number of participants: Up to 15
This session will give the participants the skills and experience to work with solar powered projects at home. Additionally each participant is able to take their work away with them.
- Introduction to solar PV technology
- Introduction to electrical circuits
- Introduction to photovoltaic theory
- Practical – Build solar powered battery charger
Advanced DIY solar panel workshop
Duration: 2.5 hours
Number of participants: Up to 8
This session will give the participants the skills and experience to build an affective home solar PV system.
- Understanding the elements of a domestic solar PV system
- Solar panel ratings and system requirements
- Grid parity
- Electricity storage
Caring for the environment – Workshop for schools
For children 6 – 10 years old
This session is designed for up to 60 children and will give the participants an introduction to climate change, resource scarcity and renewable technologies.
- Introduction to the sustainability
- Introduction to resource scarcity
- Activity: Managing resources
- Discussion: How to take care of the planet
- Introduction to renewable technologies